Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers' Day!! Love, YSL

Photobucket

Happy happy Mothers' Day to everyone's moms!! :-) And to the best mom ever -- my mom!! She takes care of my and stays overnight in the hospital when I get vomit-attacks, medicates me when I get sick and panic about it, helps me staple hearts together for my Valentines' Day display, paints characters and letters for my Back-to-School one so I can sleep an hour more at night... I love you mom!! :-)

During our one month of ultimate bonding in our Spain trip last year, we spent an exotic week in Morocco. A definite highlight was our visit to the Majorelle Gardens in Marrakech, a plot of land that houses a variety of Mediterranean plants and birds. First privately owned and initiated by Jacques Majorelle, a French painter in retirement in Morocco, the Gardens were then purchased and maintained by two more Parisians, Pierre Berge and his lover, and someone whom my mom is a big fan of, Yves Saint Laurent.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

YSL himself retired in these gardens and used them as inspiration to paint, some of his work marking his years in Morocco. His ashes were also buried in the area, and a section is gated from the public as Berge still resides there.

Photobucket

My mom's favorite place in Morocco where she probably took pictures of every plant, funny-looking or not! Hahaha!

Happy Mothers' Day again to everyone!! May we all cherish these golden moments with them! :-)

Pictures from a small gallery in the Majorelle Gardens as well as around the area. The blue house is where YSL's painting room is! :-) But it wasn't open so we could only get an exterior picture. For information on the gardens, you can visit http://www.jardinmajorelle.com/en/.

No comments: