Friday, August 6, 2010

ManilArt

As promised, some pictures of ManilArt last weekend:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As we were going around, Marco asked me what kind of art I liked. I suppose I like work that is beautiful, and nice to look at. Some things that are colorful, like the flowers in one of the pictures above, and the watercolor drawing of the girl reading... Something pretty, something that makes me smile. :-)

Photobucket

I'd like an art piece that has a "twist" to it, like this painting of a little girl, and the connect-the-dots lines that match her age.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sometimes (but quite rarely, actually), I like paintings that look real -- but only if we have a somewhat distorted view of the subject. Like if it were painted underwater (or in this case, reflected on water), or if we see the person in the painting only through folded plastic wrapping.

Photobucket

I like paintings that look like they were simple to make, yet in reality, very tricky to get right.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I like small details that make me want to look closer...

Photobucket

I like things that move (yes, this moves!).

Photobucket

Photobucket

I like it when parts come together to make a whole.

Photobucket

I like not knowing how something like this could come to be!

Thanks for taking me to this, Marco!! :-)

All pictures taken at ManilArt held in the SMX Convention Center last July 30 - August 1, 2010. My apologies for being unable to note who all the artists are; I took too many pictures to keep tabs!

1 comment:

Lady San Pedro said...

Didn't get a chance to go :-(

I love those vertical ones of walking on water!