Thursday, April 22, 2010

Why I Love Emmanuelle Alt

I was never a girly kind of girl. I only really decided to learn how to wear (and not to mention, move around in) a skirt until after college, I still don't wear make-up (even if I'm trying to be a make-up artist, terrible!!), and I don't particularly favor jewelry.

For some reason though, everyone around me does! Every other girl I know has mastered getting in and out of SUV's in skirts, finds the time and discipline to put on a new face every morning, and can maintain a manicure for more than three days.

So for someone like me, who runs around in jeans and t-shirts, and walks out of the house with messy hair, and a hairtie around my wrist as sorry excuse for a "bracelet," there are so few fashion icons to look up to for style I'd actually take after.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But there is --- Emmanuelle Alt!! She not only takes charge of the fashion pages in French Vogue, but also influences people like me -- the un-girly girls -- and shows us that the usual jeans and t-shirt can in fact be one of the most stylish outfits!

I love love love her trademark blazer look too! I probably own too many for my own good.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think I reached a point of superficial frustration sometime ago, venting to my close friends about how I wished to be a manicure-maintaining, heels-wearing, jewelry-collecting, poised girly girl. Being covered in paint and sawdust all day, running around in rubber shoes and feeling sticky during shoots, I'm clearly far from leading the most glamorous lifestyle ever.

But I love Emmanuelle Alt for showing me that there is hope in the un-girly girl's wardrobe. There is style in the most well-fitting jeans, perfectly loose t-shirts and plain, make-up-free faces. There is hope for me! Hahahaha!

Photobucket
Here pictured with Carine Roitfeld, Editor-in-Chief of French Vogue

Photobucket

And tonight, I gathered enough courage to wear heels! Yes, I survived my first night out in heels! Hahaha!

Photos from Tommy Ton of
http://jakandjil.com/, one of my favorite fashion blogs!

No comments: