Saturday, April 10, 2010

Our Weekends Dissolve


Photobucket

What do you get when you have a room full of foil, a crazy dancing band, and a giant stoplight? A video of playful reflections and gesticulations, that's what.

One of the last music videos I built a set for has come out!!

Our Weekends Dissolve by Us-2 Evil-0

It involved a camera test on my part (to see if the reflective material would work!), a full day of setting up a room of forced perspective, and 150 meters of foil paper. I must say, my favorite moments have to be when the light is at its lowest.

Photobucket
It looks like an aquarium!

Photobucket
Almost the full band in this picture.

Photobucket
The room at its barest. Try to spot the corners?

A very special thank you to the setmen who built the room, to Karen who art directed, and to Nicole, Sarie and Therese who helped us out on the shooting day!! And a giant wave of congratulations to Ramon who directed his first music video!! Yayyy!

And yes, the band is as active and enthusiastic in real life as they are in the video. :-)

P.S. Looking back several entries, I realized it's been awhile since I posted an actual job/commissioned work. I find that funny because all I've been feeling lately is completely and utterly swamped! I wonder where all that work is going... Hmmm...

No comments: