Friday, December 17, 2010

The Magic Finger


A friendly reminder from my favorite author when I was growing up! Matilda, Charlie, George, and even Mr, and Mrs. Twit were such a memorable part of my childhood.  My first recollection of my habit of reading before going to be, with my one nightstand lamp on, began with sneaking in half an hour or so of Revolting Recipes before finally having to go to sleep.  After reading The Witches, my life was never the same either.

It's been a light day at work; we just have one big presentation this afternoon.  I spent the morning checking off little cousins and nieces and nephews off my mom's Christmas list.  I do this almost every year, and choose to buy them books every time.  And luckily, there's always someone who's about 9 or so, the perfect age to read Roald Dahl, the perfect time to start the magic and believing! 

Photo from cake with giants


No comments: