Friday, December 31, 2010

Confetti New Year!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Whenever I greet someone for a happy birthday or graduation or Christmas, I always add *confetti* or *sparkles* to my message, just to make sure they feel a bit more pizzazz before the special day ends.

Today, as we mark the last day of 2010, and tomorrow begin the New Year, I present to you real confetti and real sparkles, by a Brooklyn-based duo named Confetti System, to hopefully brighten up the already festive mood of the season!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next pictures are a combination of three of my favorite things:t the confetti and sparkles, as I've mentioned, and the Selby! Todd Selby invaded the Confetti System studio sometime ago, and took pictures of the team Julie Ho and Nick Anderson, knee deep on the job.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

People always criticize me for working on my projects myself. I don't mean to say I work on them alone; I couldn't do that nor survive without my team! But sometimes, my friends and family see how balancing a full-time job and extra projects can be really (not only physically) tiring, and advise me to delegate delegate delegate! Imagine my joy, after being told to work with a different method and finding that Confetti System makes their props on their own, too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

While I agree that I'd rather have other people do dirty work for me, I really do enjoy doing some things myself. I do enjoy designing, sticking, cutting... It makes me feel like the project is really mine...

Here's to more of everything in 2011. More of sparkling moments, more of feeling like I could burst into confetti... More blogging, more personal projects and (he)arts and crafts! More of polishing my work, more of being more professional... More of improvement, more of growth. More of building my career, more of coming into my own... :-)

Good luck, everyone! It's a brand new start!!

Pictures of Confetti System projects from their website, http://www.confettisystem.com/ and from The Selby, http://theselby.com. Thank you for letting me post these! :-)

1 comment:

Ginger Tea said...

Paper is awesome! Nice nice! :o)