Sunday, February 14, 2010

Boy. by Band of Outsiders

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On this day of love, I will blog about something I absolutely adore: MENSWEAR. More specifically, I love menswear made in versions for women. My favorite label, Band of Outsiders, has come out with only a couple of seasons worth of a feminine counterpart (ironically or not?! named Boy.), though still maintains their preppy aesthetic. Band of Outsiders is practically the reason I love menswear as a whole!! Their repp ties and vintage polo shirts are a reflection of their founder, Scott Sternberg's, own personal look, and also the main reasons I fell in love with the brand. At the same time, I will always want to own the women's suits and blazers they come out with. Though the line is not available in this country (and though I can only dream of affording their clothes!!), I continually watch out for pieces from other stores that imitate their look.

This Spring Summer, they got Leslie Mann, Dave Franco, and Donald Glover, to front their promotion, and have adapted a nautical theme for their campaign. I love every picture and only dream of that wardrobe in mine!! :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is my favorite look from Boy!!
The double-breasted white blazer and that cute skirt!
I will definitely be looking for a blazer like that in local stores...

Photobucket
And another thing to love about Boy! Binki Shapiro in their clothes.
By Lauren Dukoff for L'Uomo Vogue

Pictures from the Band of Outsiders and Boy. campaigns from their websites: http://band.bandofoutsiders.com/ and http://boy.bandofoutsiders.com/. Featuring Leslie Mann, Dave Franco and Donald Glover. Shot in and around Marina Del Rey, California. For more of the campaign, visit the websites! And for their season lookbook, visit Style.com. They're worth a click. :-)

No comments: