Friday, October 30, 2009

Untitled Track 06

We were making a music video for class, and we played an untitled tracks cd the entire shoot. It was a cd our groupmate Mia got from her producer-friend Pat (Mia sings in a band called Wake Up Your Seatmate, Pat plays guitar for a band called arch1pelago. Sometimes he also makes beats and calls himself Soaked in Scissors!). We played the cd during the shoot, and only in editing did we (well, not me. THEY!) decide to use Track 06.

At 4am one Saturday morning, we arrived at the location (Cosa Nostra, White Plains, now known as Leona), and people were still drunk and partying from the Friday night before. In the first couple of shots, passed out bodies were only a few inches from being seen. Sometimes, we woke someone who was sleeping on a couch, asking if we could borrow it for a scene. Little by little, We were able to shoot this:


PleasePlease Productions 2007
Regina Aquino, Vanessa Balao, Nicole Ignacio,
Isabel Tanedo, Mia Tengco, Victoria Velasco


This was my first job/stint/try/ANYTHING as production designer. No real roles were agreed upon from us six group members, but I was just always the one that ended up fixing the flowers and adding other random things I brought. I guess you could say I naturally gravitated towards that role; I always loved crafts and decorating when the occasion called for it. You could also say I ended up being PD because I DEFINITELY WASN'T directing, I couldn't place a light to save myself, nor operate a camera besides press the red button so... that's what I did to contribute: fix the flowers. I have to say, I still really like it. =D

No comments: